Azifa is a traditional Ethiopian lentil salad that is both delicious and nutritious. This Ethiopian lentil salad has been enjoyed by Ethiopians for centuries and is now gaining worldwide recognition as an easy-to-make, nutrient-packed dish.
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy dish to add to your weekly meal plan, look no further than Azifa. It is a vegan-friendly and gluten-free dish, made from simple ingredients like lentils, vegetables, and spices. This salad is also easy to make and can be served as a side or main course. It is also perfect for potlucks, picnics, parties, and more!
Ingredients Required to Make Azifa
- 1 cup of green lentils
- 1 seeded & finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- ¼ cup of onions (finely chopped)
- ¼ tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
How to Make Azifa (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
- Add the lentils to a medium-sized pot, pour some water, and boil for 30 min. – until the lentils get soft.
- Drain the lentils with a strainer and rinse them with some cold water. Then put them into a mixing bowl and stir them until they are slightly mashed.
- Cut up the jalapeños and onions into fine pieces.
- Mix the jalapeño, onions, turmeric, ginger, olive oil, and lime juice with the lentils, and stir them together well.
Equipment Recommendations to Make Azifa
Affiliate Disclaimer: As an affiliate, we get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.