Dabo Kolo is crispily baked with small pieces of Dabo in the form of Kollo, which makes a great snack. This recipe adds some berbere to make it spicier and give its a little bit of a kick.
Ingredients Required to Make Dabo Kolo
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 tbsp berbere
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
How to Make Dabo Kolo (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
- First, preheat the oven to 375f. Then mix the wheat flour, berbere, sugar, and salt inside a medium-sized bowl.
- Slowly pour half a cup of water while you continue mixing until the mixture thickens to a paste.
- Sprinkle some flour on a clean flat board. Then add the mixture to the board and knead it until it becomes a stiff dough.
- Add some oil to the dough and continue kneading for 5 – 10 more minutes. Then place the dough into a large bowl and cover it with a cloth to keep it moist.
- Take chunks from the dough and roll them into round long strips that are about a quarter of an inch wide.
- Cut the long strips of dough and cut them into small pieces of tiny dough using kitchen scissors.
- Place the tiny dough pieces onto a firing pan and bake them until they’re crispy for 25 – 30 minutes.
- While baking, make sure to move them around to make sure that they are backed and browned evenly.
- Remove from the pan and serve hot for best taste.
Equipment Recommendations to Make Dabo Kolo
Affiliate Disclaimer: As an affiliate, we get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.