Home Recipes Restaurants Food Guides Injera Makers Buyer Guides Kitchen Essentials
Dabo Kolo Recipe
Dabo Kolo is crispily baked with small pieces of Dabo in the form of Kollo, which makes a great snack. This recipe adds some berbere to make it spicier and give its a little bit of a kick.
Ingredients Required to Make Dabo Kolo
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 tbsp berbere
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
How to Make Dabo Kolo (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
- First, preheat the oven to 375f. Then mix the wheat flour, berbere, sugar, and salt inside a medium-sized bowl.
- Slowly pour half a cup of water while you continue mixing until the mixture thickens to a paste.
- Sprinkle some flour on a clean flat board. Then add the mixture to the board and knead it until it becomes a stiff dough.
- Add some oil to the dough and continue kneading for 5 – 10 more minutes. Then place the dough into a large bowl and cover it with a cloth to keep it moist.
- Take chunks from the dough and roll them into round long strips that are about a quarter of an inch wide.
- Cut the long strips of dough and cut them into small pieces of tiny dough using kitchen scissors.
- Place the tiny dough pieces onto a firing pan and bake them until they’re crispy for 25 – 30 minutes.
- While baking, make sure to move them around to make sure that they are backed and browned evenly.
- Remove from the pan and serve hot for best taste.
Equipment Recommendations to Make Dabo Kolo
Affiliate Disclaimer: As an affiliate, we get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.