Dirkosh is basically injera chips made from dried Injera. This can be a great snack to enjoy, especially if consumed with Kochkocha (Yekarya Delleh) – a blazing hot, easy-to-make dipping sauce.
Ingredients Required to Make Dirkosh
- 1 Injera
- 2 tbsp. Berbere
- 1 cup Oil
How to Make Dirkosh (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
- Begin by combining oil and berbere in a small bowl.
- Then spread the mix of berbere and oil all over the top side of the injera with a pastry brush.
- Tear the injera into large portions and arrange the pieces on one baking sheet.
- Bake these pieces of injera for 60 minutes in a preheated oven of 275°. You can bake the pieces of injera for more or less than 60 min. depending on whether you prefer your Dirkosh to be more crunchy and crispy or chewie.
- Remove the Dirkosh from the oven and let it cool. Then break into chips.
Equipment Recommendations to Make Dirkosh
Affiliate Disclaimer: As an affiliate, we get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.