Here is a simple recipe that you can follow to make Ethiopian Whole Wheat Bread at home.
Ingredients Required to Make Ethiopian Lightly Spiced Whole Wheat Bread
- 2 pounds of wheat flour
- 1 tbsp of active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp of powdered sugar
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 0.25 tsp of coriander powder
- 0.25 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 0.25 tsp of Salt
- 8 cups of water
How to Make Ethiopian Lightly Spiced Whole Wheat Bread (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
- Start by mixing the yeast in a cup of warm water and let it sit until it rises. Alternatively, you can use a sourdough starter.
- Add the yeast into a large mixing bowl along with the oil, coriander, cinnamon, sugar, salt, was well as 2 cups of warm water, and mix them all together thoroughly.
- Then add the wheat flour to the mix and combine thoroughly as well while also gradually adding warm water until you get an elastic, smooth dough.
- Cover the bowl and let it sit until it rises to approximately 3x its original size. This may take over an hour.
- Next, transfer the dough on to a baking pan and make sure to spread it out evenly. Then let it sit and rise for about 30 min.
- Bake the dough for around 1 hr. at 350o until the bread turns golden-brown.
Equipment Recommendations to Make Ethiopian Lightly Spiced Whole Wheat Bread
Affiliate Disclaimer: As an affiliate, we get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.