Home Recipes Restaurants Food Guides Injera Makers Buyer Guides Kitchen Essentials
If you are looking for a vegetarian Ethiopian dish, it doesn’t get better than Fassolia; a delicious dish made from green beans. While there are several ways to make this dish, this is a great recipe to follow if you are a beginner.
Ingredients Required to Make Fasolia
- 4 cups of fresh green beans
- 3 carrots
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp salt
How to Make Fasolia (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
- Cook the chopped onions for 5 – 10 minutes on medium heat until the onions begin softening and turning translucent. Then, add the canola oil and continue cooking for some more minutes.
- Next, add the tomato paste – while stirring – and let the ingredients simmer together for several more minutes.
- Before going one snap your green beans on both ends, and then into 2 – 3 smaller pieces. Then, cut your carrots into thin, small pieces that look like sticks.
- Then add the carrots and fresh green beans, and stir well before covering. Let the mix continue to cook for at least 10 more minutes.
- Finally, add the chopped tomatoes along with the minced garlic and ginger, and some salt, and let them simmer together until the chopped tomatoes get tender.
Equipment Recommendations to Make Fasolia
Affiliate Disclaimer: As an affiliate, we get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.