Fasolia Wot is great vegan/ vegetarian friendly dish that can be used as a side-dish complementing any other Ethiopian food. Here is a simple recipe that you can follow to make Fasolia Wot at home.
Ingredients Required to Make Fasolia Wot
- 1 pound of trimmed string beans
- 2 carrots
- 1 potato
- 3 green onions
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 seeded and diced tomato
- 1 red onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 tsp of tomato paste
- 0.5 tsp of Berbere
- 0.25 tsp of basil
- 0.5 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 seeded and sliced hot green pepper (jalapeno)
- 0.25 tsp of black pepper
- 0.25 tsp of Salt
How to Make Fasolia Wot (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
- Start by cooking the string beans in boiling water for 10 minutes or until they get crisp-tender.
- In the meantime, cut all the vegetables into the required shapes.
- Then cook the green onions in a mid-sized pot with 1 tbsp of oil for 1 min.
- Next, add the celery, carrots, potatoes, red onion, along with the remaining oil, and stir-fry them together for 10 min.
- Then add the bell pepper and continue cooking for about 1 min.
- Next, add the tomato paste, garlic, basil, Berbere, black pepper, and salt, along with 0.5 cup of water, and cook them together for about 5 min.
- To keep their green color, string beans should be drained using a strainer and washed using cold water.
- Combine the string beans with the vegetable wot, and cook them together for 10 min.
- Finally, add the hot green peppers, remove them from heat, and serve your Fasolia Wot.
Equipment Recommendations to Make Fasolia Wot
Affiliate Disclaimer: As an affiliate, we get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.