Home Recipes Restaurants Food Guides Injera Makers Buyer Guides Kitchen Essentials
Quanta (Ethiopian Spiced Beef Jerky) Recipe
Quanta is a beloved Ethiopian snack that anyone can enjoy. Basically, it is dried-out beef that has been seasoned. While Quanta on it’s own is only eaten as a snack or an appetizer, it is also used to make one of the most popular Ethiopian dishes known as Quanta Firfir.
Ingredients Required to Make Quanta
- 2 kilograms of beef
- 2 tbsp of Awaze (Ethiopian Spicy Dipping Sauce)
- 3 tbsp of dry wine
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 0.25 tsp of powder Korerima (Ethiopian Cardamom)
- 0.5 tsp of black pepper
- 0.25 tsp of of Salt
How to Make Quanta (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
- Start by removing the fat and cutting the beef into long strips of meat.
- Next, mix the Awaze, Korerima, wine, oil, salt, and black pepper in a bowl, and marinate the strips of meat with the mix.
- Use a food dehydrator or jerky maker to dehydrate the strips of meat until they turn into crispy-dry Quanta.
- Finally, break the Quanta into smaller pieces, place them in a glass jars, and seal the jars tightly.
Equipment Recommendations to Make Quanta
Affiliate Disclaimer: As an affiliate, we get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.