Fossolia RecipeCourse: Side Dish, Vegetarian, VeganCuisine: EthiopianDifficulty: Beginner
If you are looking for a vegetarian Ethiopian dish, it doesn’t get better than Fassolia; a delicious dish made from green beans. While there are several ways to make this dish, this is a great recipe to follow if you are a beginner.
4 cups of fresh green beans
2 chopped onions
3 oz tomato paste
3 chopped tomatoes
2 tsp ginger, minced
2 tsp garlic, minced
⅓ cup canola oil
1 tbsp salt
- Cook the chopped onions for 5 – 10 minutes on medium heat until the onions begin softening and turning translucent. Then, add the canola oil and continue cooking for some more minutes.
- Next, add the tomato paste – while stirring – and let the ingredients simmer together for several more minutes.
- Before going one snap your green beans on both ends, and then into 2 – 3 smaller pieces. Then, cut your carrots into thin, small pieces that look like sticks.
- Then add the carrots and fresh green beans, and stir well before covering. Let the mix continue to cook for at least 10 more minutes.
- Finally, add the chopped tomatoes along with the minced garlic and ginger, and some salt, and let them simmer together until the chopped tomatoes get tender.