Minchet Abish RecipeCourse: Main DishCuisine: EthiopianDifficulty: Intermediate
Minchet Abish is a beef stew made from ground beef meat. And in this recipe, you will learn how to make this unique Ethiopian dish. Here you will find all the ingredients you will need along with step-by-step directions to make the dish.
1 lb beef, ground
¼ tsp chickpea flour
2 finely chopped red onions
½ cup red chili pepper powder
¼ tsp ginger powder
¼ tsp cardamom powder
¼ tsp fenugreek powder
¼ tsp coriander powder
¼ tsp cloves powder
¼ tsp cumin powder
1 cup water
½ cup red wine
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ nitter kibbeh (Ethiopian clarified butter)
1 tbsp salt
- Start by adding oil to a pan and heating it. Then add the onions, fenugreek powder, and salt to the pot and cook until the mix starts turning brownish.
- Add the beef to the mix and continue cooking until the moisture is absorbed. Then add the nitter kibbeh and continue cooking until it is mixed well.
- Next, add the ginger powder and the red wine and continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Then, add the water and chickpea flour, then raise the heat to boiling point and let the pot simmer.
- Add in the red chili pepper powder, cardamom powder, coriander powder, cloves powder, and cumin powder, and continue to simmer mix until the beef gets tender and soft.
- Finally, spread injera over a plate, and serve your Minchet Abish on it while still hot.