Home Recipes Restaurants Food Guides Injera Makers Buyer Guides Kitchen Essentials
Senafich (Spicy Mustard Seed Sauce) Recipe
Senafich is Amharc which directly translates to Mustard. However, the word Senafich is most commonly to refer to the spicy sauce made from Ethiopian mustard seeds.
Senafich sauce has a more watery consistency than the typical western style mustard sauce, which makes it great to use as a dipping sauce.
Ingredients Required to Make Senafich
- 650 grams of Senafich (Ethiopian mustard seeds)
- 4 tbsp of cooking oil
- 250 ml of water
- 100 ml of Tej (optional)
- Salt (to taste)
How to Make Senafich (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
- Get some Senafich seeds, wash them, and dry them.
- When the seeds are completely dry, grind and sieve them.
- Use a bowl to mix the ground mustard seeds with the cooking oil, warm water, Tej, and salt.
- Serve on a clean bowl, along with your meat or cooked vegetable dishes.
Equipment Recommendations to Make Senafich
Affiliate Disclaimer: As an affiliate, we get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.