YeShinbera Alicha Fitfit is very enjoyable and tasty mild side-dish. It is made from shredded Injera thoroughly mixed with different Ethiopian spices including turmeric that gives it it’s mild taste and light-yellow color. YeShinbera Alicha Fitfit is vegan/ vegetarian friendly.
Ingredients Required to Make YeShinbera Alicha Fitfit
- 2 cups of dried chickpeas
- 1 cup of thinly chopped onions
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 0.25 tsp of powdered Korerima (Ethiopian Cardamom)
- 0.25 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of yellow mustard
- 0.25 tsp of black pepper
- 2 seeded and sliced long hot green peppers (jalapenos)
- 6 cups of water
- 0.25 tsp of Salt
How to Make YeShinbera Alicha Fitfit (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
- Start by cooking the onion with 2 tbsp of oil, while also gradually adding 1 cup of water. Stir and sauté the mix continuously up to the point where the onion gets soft.
- Then pour in 5 cups of water and let the mix boil for about 5 min.
- Next clean the chickpeas and add them to the mix as well. Continue cooking for 15 more min.
- Then, add the oil, the black pepper, the turmeric, the garlic powder, the ginger, and the yellow mustard. Stir and mix them all together and continue cooking for 20 min, until the chickpeas get tender.
- Add the powdered Korerima and salt and stir to mix them together. Then, add the sliced green pepper and remove the stew from heat and let it cool.
- Next, transfer the stew to a large enough bowl and start adding shredded pieces if Injera to the stew.
- Gently stir them all together and make sure all the Injera pieces have soaked in the stew.
- Finally, place your YeShinbera Alicha Fitfit onto a clean serving bowl, and enjoy.
Equipment Recommendations to Make YeShinbera Alicha Fitfit
Affiliate Disclaimer: As an affiliate, we get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.