Home Recipes Restaurants Food Guides Injera Makers Buyer Guides Kitchen Essentials
YeSuf Weha (Ethiopian Sunflower Seeds Juice) Recipe
YeSuf Weha is a tasty Ethiopian drink that also comes with a lot of health benefits thanks to the sunflower seeds that are the core ingredient of the drink. Sunflowers are a great source of heart-healthy fats, as well as a number of vitamins and minerals that may help lessen your chance of developing common health issues such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes. It is also vegan/vegetarian friendly.
Ingredients Required to Make YeSuf Weha
- 2 cups of Suf (Ethiopian sunflower seeds)
- 1 head of Tena Adam (rue plant leaves)
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 4 cups of water
How to Make YeSuf Weha (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
- Start by washing the Suf using cold water, then transfer them into a cooking pot and boil them for 15 min. until they get soft.
- Then, strain them and transfer them into a blender along with four cups of water, and blend until all the Suf seeds are thoroughly ground.
- Next, strain and place Suf juice into a suitable container along with the Tena Adam. Close and keep the container in the refrigerator.
- To dink, pour your YeSuf Weha into a cup and add 1 tsp of honey and mix together thoroughly.
Equipment Recommendations to Make YeSuf Weha
Affiliate Disclaimer: As an affiliate, we get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.