Besso BeTelba is an incredibly nutritious and filling beverage that you can drink for breakfast or snack. It is also really easy to make, and takes very little time to prepare. Here is a simple recipe that you can follow to make Besso BeTelba at home.
Ingredients Required to Make Besso BeTelba
- 2 cups of Besso Duket (roasted barley flour)
- 4 tbsp of powdered Telba (flaxseeds powder)
- 2 tbsp of Niter Kibbeh (Ethiopian clarified butter)
- 2.5 tbsp of olive oil
- 0.5 tsp of Mitmita
- 1 cup of water
- 0.5 tsp of Korerima (Ethiopian Cardamom)
- 0.25 tsp of Salt
How to Make Besso BeTelba (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
- Start by boiling water. Once it’s boiled, remove it from heat and add oil, Niter Kibbeh, cardamom, Mitmita, and salt.
- Next, add the Besso Duket into a mixing bowl, followed by the spiced water mix you just made, and mix them all together thoroughly, making sure that there are no lumps.
- Finally, spread the Telba powder on top using tight sifter, and thoroughly mix it together with the rest as well.
Equipment Recommendations to Make Besso BeTelba
Affiliate Disclaimer: As an affiliate, we get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.