Learn how to make Key Wot by using this simple recipe from The Ethiopian Food. Here you will learn about all the ingredients you will need to make this traditional Ethiopian dish with all the necessary directions.
Ingredients Required to Make Key Wot
- 3 lbs beef, cut into cubes
- 5 finely chopped onions
- 2 tsp mekelesha (wot kimem)
- ¼ cup berbere
- 5 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups vegetable oil
How to Make Key Wot (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
- Start by simmering the onions in a large-sized pot with garlic and vegetable oil until the mix turns light brown, at low heat.
- Then, add the berbere and continue simmering for 15 more minutes, while stirring every now and then.
- Next, add water and the cubed beef and let them simmer until the meat is done.
- Finally, add the mekelesha (wot kimem) and some salt, and stir for just a bit more. Serve your key wot hot, on a plate with injera spread over the top.
Equipment Recommendations to Make Key Wot
Affiliate Disclaimer: As an affiliate, we get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.