Home Recipes Restaurants Food Guides Injera Makers Buyer Guides Kitchen Essentials
Kitfo is a traditional meat-based dish of the Ethiopian culture, and one of the most popular dishes in Ethiopia. Renowned for its unique and flavorful taste, Kitfo is a spicy minced beef dish made with Niter Kibbeh (Ethiopian clarified butter), garlic, chili powder, and cardamom. This flavorful combination creates a unique dining experience that has been enjoyed for centuries in Ethiopia.
Kitfo can be served well-cooked, lightly cooked, or even raw depending on your preference. It is often accompanied by a side of Injera (a type of flatbread made from teff flour), and Ayib ( Ethiopian cottage cheese). It is an important part of the cuisine in Ethiopia and can be found in many Ethiopian restaurants around the world.
Ingredients Required to Make Kitfo
- 3 lbs beef, freshly grounded (without fat)
- ¼ cup niter kibbeh (Ethiopian clarified butter)
- 1 tsp korerima
- 1 tsp mitmita
- 1 tsp salt
How to Make Kitfo (Step-by-Step Tutorial)
- Begin by thoroughly mixing the ground beef with the korerima, mitmita, and some salt; then top it all off with the niter kibbeh.
- Then add the mix onto a pan or skillet and heat until the meat is cooked as your liking.
- Serve your Kitfo hot with Injera.
Equipment Recommendations to Make Kitfo
Affiliate Disclaimer: As an affiliate, we get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.